- This event has passed.
Direct Action Committee
August 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Our proposed agenda includes:
1.Tabling at Farmers Markets and getting the new NorthWestern Energy stickers out. We’ve gathered hundreds of letters to the Public Service Commission (PSC). Now what?
2. The Montana Consumer Council rate-meeting in Helena on August 27. What 350 Montana’s role? Who’s going to testify?
3. A city council resolution proposed by 350 Montana and the Montana Sierra Club. What’s next?
4. The national organization, 350.org, and the September 8 “fossil free fuel” day. What’s happening all over the country? What’s happening in Missoula? There’s a “pop-up” demonstration on Friday at noon (destination not yet announced). Who’s in? How do we get a couple hundred people there? There’s a march and rally on Sunday, September 9. Details . . .
5. PSC elections. Who’s running? Who’s for renewables?
6. The Missoula County Commissioners’ hearing on crypto-currency, an energy hog that may keep Colstrip open with its obscene demand.
7. Other. What you got?